Latorra Garland of PieFace Soul Cafe and Catering LLC is a special Baker Spotlight, and I’m excited to be featuring her recipes each Friday! 🙌🏾 Let’s start with this Blueberry Cobbler Cake! FULL RECIPE below. Order her cookbook at piefacedessertshop.com!
Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
1- 9-inch Round Pie Dish
18 Oz. Container of fresh blueberries
1/3 Cup Orange Juice
1 Cup Water
1 Stick Melted Butter
½ Cup of Sugar
¼ tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Tablespoon of Cornstarch
In a medium sized bowl mix all cobbler ingredients together and pour directly into baking dish and set aside.
Cake Batter Topping:
1 stick softened unsalted butter
¾ Cup Sugar
1 -1/3 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Using an electric mixer to cream together butter and sugar for about 3 minutes then add eggs one at a time. Mix together until eggs are completely combined.
2. Add flour, baking powder and salt, then mix together until batter is completely combined. (batter will be thick)
3. Spoon cake batter on top of cobbler mixture to cover over the top. *(do not stir in cobbler mixture, just gently place on top cobbler filling and pat down gently with a spoon)*
4. Sprinkle the top with sugar and cinnamon.
5. Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown then remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.